Arizona AWHONN is looking for two nursing students who have a passion for women’s health, maternal and/or neonatal nursing to partner with members of AWHONN Arizona. Selected students will work in collaboration with Bernadette Heze or Barbie Schimke with the Student Intern Subcommittee.
- Assisting in hosting a diaper drive
- Attending March of Dimes Lobby Day (Jan/Feb 2020)
- Attending meetings in person (or online via facebook live)
- Assisting with membership, registration, or apparel table(s).
- Help boost social media/ online community
- Communicating with committee members and assisting as needed.
- Possibly assisting Host City Committee for National Convention 2020 in Phoenix pending approval from National.
Selected students will receive a one year student AWHONN membership and pending approval from National a place to assist the Host City Committee for National Convention in Phoenix 2020. Other benefits of participation include the opportunity to network with nursing professionals including a member of the national AWHONN Board, inclusion of experience on a resume, an opportunity to write about experiences for publication in the Section Newsletter, and a certificate of appreciation.
Students will be responsible for covering the cost of transportation to and from events. Students are encouraged to apply for Student Nursing Association or other school funding if available.
In order to be eligible for this opportunity, you must be enrolled in OR have successfully completed a maternal-newborn didactic and clinical course AND be a block 2 or 3 nursing student.
Students meeting eligibility criteria are encouraged to complete the application form and return it via email to Bernadette Heze (email@example.com) “AWHONN Student Intern Application” in the subject line, by Thursday, October 31, 2019. Completed applications will be forwarded to conference committee members for review and selection. Selected students will be notified by email no later than Friday November 15, 2019.